Portable cigar humidors are the most popular kind of humidor owned, and are perfect for the beginner cigar collector as well as for the more serious cigar collector. These types of humidors can usually hold up to a few dozen cigars at a time, which is more than enough for the average new collector. The best portable cigar humidors available all have one main thing in common, which is also the most important factor when it comes to any quality cigar humidor. This factor is its ability to keep the proper humidity levels so your cigars stay fresh. A good cigar humidor should stay in the range of 65%-75% humidity, but closer to around 68%-72% being optimal. If your humidor can’t stay inside of the proper humidity range then you can ruin your cigars. With humidity levels to low, being under 65% you run the risk of your cigars drying out and becoming stale and harsh. With humidity levels to high being over 75%, your cigars will most likely become moldy. So when looking for the best portable cigar humidor, a product that can hold the right humidity should be your main concern.
When comparing portable cigar humidors before making your purchase you should also know that there can be a very wide range in price, but more expensive doesn’t always mean better. There are some very good portable cigar humidors around $30ish, that get the job done just as well as a more expensive humidor. The difference between a $60 humidor and $300 humidor can be due to the difference in quality or simply because of the brand name or where it was made.
So with that being said I have come up with a list of what I believe to be the top 5 best portable cigar humidors for any cigar collector.
- My first choice is the Mantello 25-50 Cigar desktop humidor Royale with a mahogany finish and a glass top. In my opinion this is the best portable cigar humidor for the beginner on a budget. It can hold up to 50 cigars. The lid contains a tempered glass top and a secure seal, so that when closed proper humidity levels can be maintained. The inside of the box and divider is lined with premium kiln-dried Spanish cedar, which is what the inside of all high quality humidors should contain, because of its pleasant aroma and moisture retention qualities. As for the quality of this little humidor, it is probably one of the lowest cost options available. This humidor is also a best selling item on Amazon and is one of the most popular choices for people who are purchasing there first cigar humidor.
- For the next humidor I have chosen the Mantello 100 Cigar desktop Humidor. This is the same brand as the last one with a lot of the same features such as the glass top and interior spanish cedar lining, but this model is basically the next step up when it comes to portable cigar humidors. This model is a little bigger than the last and can hold up to 100 cigars. This humidor also contains a removable tray with a divider, as well as solid brass hinges and a lock with key. Another great first humidor. This up grade in size and features is absolutely worth it price wise, not being much more in price than its smaller brother.
- My third choice would have to be the Prestige Import Group Monte Carlo. This spacious humidor can hold up to 120 of your favorite stogies. The outside of this humidor has a beautiful cherry finish. The inside of the Monte Carlo is also lined with Spanish cedar and also the top half contains a large removable cedar tray. One of my favorite things about this humidor is that inside the lower section of this humidor there are two cedar dividers allowing some extra organization. This is a very popular humidor, and in the same price range as the Mantello 100.
- Another great choice, and number 4 on my list of the best portable cigar humidors is a humidor made by Ignis Cigars. This humidor is constructed of solid pine wood with a metal frame for extra strength and durability to ensure that this humidor will last a very long time. The interior is lined with kiln dried Spanish cedar. This humidor also comes with a free cigar cutter which is nice. The outside of this box is finished with a thick scratch resistant coating. I really like the simplicity of this humidor. This humidor can hold up to 30 cigars. This humidor also comes fully equipped with hygrometer and cedar divider.
- The final humidor on my list for the top 5 best portable cigar humidors is the Cuban Crafters Exotica Ebony. This humidor is truly a beautiful peace of art with its exotic high gloss piano finish with birds-eye maple inlay. This humidor can hold up to 150 cigars. Being constructed of rosewood makes this humidor extremely durable. This humidor features an external brass hygrometer as well as a humidification system and a lock and key. A little more pricey then the others on my list , but not by much this humidor has the same level of function ability but with a little added elegance and style. If you are looking for the best portable cigar humidors this list is a good place to start. All of the humidors are good quality and have been proven to give good results when it comes to keeping cigars fresh. None of the humidors on this list exceed $200 and are all pretty affordable. You can find many other good portable cigar humidors out there and some of which cost a lot more than any of the ones on this list, but that doesn’t mean that these humidors won’t do just as good of a job. So please check them out. One of these humidors might be just what you were looking for.